Hey hey, Metisians👋🌿
We hope you’ve had a great start for your 2023. ICYMI, and are trying to get up to date with what our developers have been up to: January Tech Update
Now. let’s shed some light on our February progress of L2 development. Today we won’t keep you here for long!
What was completed?
- The settlement of plans regarding transaction batching mechanism of the Bedrock update;
L2 Geth updates
- Optimized the restrictions of the batched RPC requests to prevent L2 Geth from processing the CPU and memory resources from being overconsumed;
- Added the length function for log.memory attribute in the tracer logger;
Here is what we aiming for short-term:
- Changing the sequencer batch method of the Bedrock upgrade;
- Changing the L2 epoch timing of the Bedrock upgrade;
- Resolving the problems related to L1 block reorganizations;
Long term plans
The long term plans of our development team haven’t changed and won’t change in the near future. These plans are:
- Decentralizing the sequencer
- Adding the switching mechanism and contracts.
That’s been it for now, stay tuned for the March Tech Update⚡️