At Metis, we work hard every day to develop new and exciting technology. But in the blockchain world, bleeding-edge tech by itself isn’t enough. You need new and exciting projects to adopt that technology, then use it to grow and thrive in their own right.
Months of parallel work developing that tech and recruiting great projects has culminated in today’s release of the Metis Ecosystem chart.
One of the most logical and widely adopted use cases for blockchain technology is Decentralized Finance (DeFi). The Metis stable of DeFi partners has swelled to a dozen different projects.
All of the following DeFi projects will build on Metis Layer 2, enjoying an advantage that other Rollups and scaling solutions don’t offer: Builder Mining. Every transaction made on a DApp that’s deployed on Metis Layer 2 receives revenue, in the form of $METIS tokens.
- Standard Protocol is a Collateralized Stablecoin protocol operating on multiple blockchains, with plans to integrate onto Metis Layer 2 to enjoy the security and decentralization of Ethereum with much faster transactions and lower gas fees.
- SwapAll is a decentralized platform with diverse functions (liquidity farming, staking, NFT, swap, community voting) aimed at providing an all-in-1 cross-chain service to all blockchain users.
- Asteria is a decentralized option protocol based on Peer2Pool trading structure.
- Oropocket OpenDeFi enables investors to invest in real world assets (such as gold) by tokenizing those assets.
- WOWswap is a decentralized AMM platform, offering functionalities that you won’t find on well-known decentralized exchanges such as Uniswap — including leveraged shorts.
- Bagels Finance runs one of the most progressive yield farming protocols in all of blockchain, with advanced features such as leveraged yield farming.
- Bretton Finance is a stable currency protocol based on liquidity mining and transaction mining, forming a liquidity pool with reserve assets (such as USDC/BUSD) staked by users.
- TotemFi is a staking-based prediction market, empowering people to earn native token rewards, including its own $TOTM token, $BTC, and others to come.
- xDollar is a cross-chain, interest-free lending platform for minting decentralized stablecoins against popular token assets, with DAO governance and a multi-collateral vault system.
- Handle.Fi is an Ethereum-backed global DeFi protocol that aims to bring the $6.6 trillion global foreign exchange market to blockchain, by creating and exchanging multicurrency stablecoins.
- Netswap is the first decentralized exchange built on Ethereum Layer 2. It will list the $METIS token (and many other tokens) after the Metis mainnet launch in October, offering a wide range of functions that includes swaps, staking, and much more.
- BCharity is a community-driven decentralized open protocol with a new blockchain-based tokenomics ecosystem that enables charitable organizations to be more cost-efficient, transparent, and accountable.
Infrastructure companies form the backbone of the blockchain metaverse. Metis is thrilled to partner with these infrastructure projects (with more infrastructure partnerships coming soon):
- SupraOracles will provide Metis’ DeFi applications with fast, reliable, and secure data feeds, while also allowing the Metis community to choose from a variety of innovative data options.
- PARSIQ is a data and automation platform that connects blockchain activity to real-world applications.
- Bluehelix Chain is a next-generation, decentralized, cross-chain DeFi infrastructure provider, and will build for Metis a bridge from Layer 2 back to Layer 1.
- Octopus Network is a multi-chain network in which validators are deployed as a set of smart contracts on NEAR protocol for optimization.
Future of Work/DAOs
As a company, Metis formed with the idea of revolutionizing the Future of Work, using Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs) to unite communities. That idea evolved into what we call Decentralized Autonomous Companies (DACs), which go beyond the governance model offered by DAOs to include a number of other functions (such as running payrolls, and much more). Through the DAC structure, Metis aims to become much more than a simple scaling solution; we plan to become a hub for the entire Web3 economy. So far we have onboarded a pair of exciting Future of Work/DAO projects (with more to come):
- Opolis is a Digital Employment Cooperative offering high-quality, affordable employment benefits and shared services to independent contractors, freelancers, digital nomads, solopreneurs, and sole-practitioners.
- Cambrian Protocol is partnering with Metis to create a home for Web3 Future of Work projects. As this space grows and develops, it will become increasingly valuable for Future of Work interoperability to extend to Layer 2, leading to Cambrian’s partnership with Metis.
One of the fastest-growing segments of the blockchain industry is the decentralized launchpad. To date, Metis has forged partnerships with two different projects involved in launchpad activities (with more to come):
- When Metis had its IDO on May 13 of this year, we turned to PAID Network’s Ignition launchpad to back our IDO. PAID’s ecosystem continues to grow, thanks to the recent debut of its Apollo-X launchpad. Metis’ partnership with PAID has grown far beyond that IDO event, with PAID set to integrate both Ignition and Apollo-X onto Metis Layer 2.
- InnMind is the leading deal-origination platform for startups and investors, providing startup fundraising, development, and scaling support.
Blockchain communities are essential for building awareness and educating people on all the benefits that this new technology has to offer. Metis’ community partners are:
- Co-founded by Elena Sinelnikova and Natalia Ameline, CryptoChicks started as two blockchain-savvy women having coffee with a few friends to discuss what blockchain and crypto were all about, eventually evolving into a global education and advocacy group that runs meetups in 56 countries. Sinenikova went on to become CEO and co-founder of Metis, retaining close ties between CryptoChicks and Metis, such as CryptoChicks becoming Metis’ official blockchain education provider in Colombia, as Metis expands its base of operations and partnerships in Latin America.
- Canada DevOps Community of Practice is a Canadian community of experienced professionals in the DevOps world, promoting and supporting valuable methodologies and practices within DevOps.
Metis plans to partner with multiple different cryptocurrency wallet providers, giving users numerous options when it comes to crypto custody. Its wallet partners to date are:
- Trustee Wallet is a one-stop shop for crypto holders and investors, enabling users to hodl, #buy, #sell and #swap — all in one app.
- Chainup offers multiple features for crypto traders, including spot trading, margin trading, and much more.
Few segments of the blockchain world have boomed more resoundingly in 2021 than NFTs. Metis is in discussions with multiple different NFT projects as we build our ecosystem. Our current NFT partner is:
- NFTStore.top is a multi-ecosystem, cross-chain one-stop service and trading platform with an associated wallet that enables users to start their NFT journey quickly and easily.
Finally, centralized social network platforms have come under scrutiny for numerous reasons over the years, from privacy concerns to gatekeepers who reserve the right to de-platform users at any time. That’s why we’re excited to partner with…:
- Omni.ai is building a rewards-sharing app which will include secure and efficient video-sharing social networking functionality, with omni-feed AI technology for news and video feeds.
Want to join the Metis Ecosystem and benefit from fast, cheap transactions on Metis Layer 2, cheap, native, IPFS-based data storage, numerous revenue-driving features such as builder mining that generates $METIS tokens with every transaction on Metis Layer 2, and a DAC ecosystem that aims to make Metis a hub for the entire Web3 economy?
Check us out at Metis.io/grants — let’s build together!